3/16/2004

Self-dissatisfaction leading to self-destruction

It's been one of those weeks where I'm not terribly happy with myself. Or proud either.

And you'd think that recognizing my short-comings would give me cause and motivation to change my ill-natured behavior. It hasn't.

And it's obvious what the culprit is. I've been neglecting time in prayer and God's word. Why do I do that? I've been in this place before where I skip out on my God-time and I end up suffering. And I don't mean that to say that God is punishing me. Not at all (though I do deserve it). He doesn't need to--we bring far too many bad things on ourselves. No, it's not punishment. It's consequences. God offers me this great relationship with Him and I neglect it. I choose garbage over greatness. Idiocity.

Get on the ball. Do what is right. That's what I'm saying to myself. Remind me about it.

No comments: