6/15/2020

Re-opening during Covid-19


Some of the state restrictions are lightening up a little. Last week we went to a restaurant and ate on their patio. There were about four other couples/families on the patio as well. The nearest to us was about ten feet away, and they weren't there for long. It was nice to be able to be somewhere other than our house or a park (not that eating outside at a park isn't beautiful this time of year).

I got my haircut a few days ago. I have an appointment to renew my expired driver's license tomorow, so I wanted it done before then. I had to check in online, which is routine. But when I got to Great Clips I had to wait outside the door. One of the stylists came and checked me in as well as the teenager who was also outside waiting. The lobb was closed, but they were ready for me, so I was able to walk right in and not have to wait. I had to wear my face mask the whole time--which isn't easy during a haircut.

My step-daughter started tennis camp today (just two hours every morning). Everything else for the summer has been cancelled--a week at Bible camp, the youth group trip to the boundary waters, music camps.

We're far from over with the pandemic. It's nice to have a little access to some "normalcy" again, but I know it's going to be a long road as we try and keep everyone safe.

No comments: