2/14/2008

St. Valentine's Day

Happy St. Valentine's Day. It's not a big deal here. We got some Greek take-out and are going to watch a romantic comedy after the boys are in bed. That's about it. We've tried not to let one day of the year dictate our love for each other. And I'll take a quick moment to say that my wife is wonderful and I love her more and more all the time.

Rather, it can become a good reminder (if I let myself be reminded) of what the Saints Valentine (apparently there were several by that name) stood for: following Christ (including taking up His cross), wholly loving God and sacrificially loving others. And as the saints of old also remind us, our self-worth comes from the fact that God loves us unconditionally (no matter how good we are, or how bad we are, God loves us to the fullest extent).

No comments: