9/21/2008

His Name is All That

One of the songs we've sung a few times in church lately is "I Call You Faithful" written by Bobby Price and Kevin Walker. The basic song goes:

I call You Holy, Your name is Holy.

You are so holy to me.
I call You Holy, Your name is Holy.
Holy You are and Holy you'll be.

The song goes on replacing "holy" with righteous, awesome, faithful, healer and savior. But it ends with "I call You All That, Your name is All That."

It's a new name for God for me. But I like it. It's a good reminder. I was reminded today during the sermon, that it's one thing to call Jesus "Savior", which is what I think most of us tend to do (and that's good), but in only calling Him Savior, we focus on the fact that He has saved us and that's good enough. But we are also to call Him "Lord." And Lord means that He has rule over our lives--that we live according to how He has called us to live. We aren't to forsake Him for the things of this world, because Jesus is all we need. He is All That. And more.

1 comment:

Jane D. said...

Good stuff...fits with one of Judy Howard Peterson's sessions this weekend where she had a piece of paper with God written on it and ripped off pieces as she described how we all pare down God to a pocket-sized, "manageable" God that is what we want when we need to see all of who He is! I'm sure I'm not repeating it nearly as well as she said it, but hopefully the truth is still there!