3/28/2009

Made in His Image

Nils woke up early this morning. He hasn't been napping in the past week. I fear nap time is becoming a thing of the past. We had a fellowship meal gathering with a group from church tonight. By the time we got home it was well past bedtime for the boys. They were a bit grouchy by then.

But as I left their room for the second time after bringing them in their water bottles, Anders said to me, "I wish I was maked again."

I couldn't translate that one (I'm usually pretty good with 4-year-old talk by now), so I had to as him what he meant.

"You know, like God maked the world."

"But God did make you," I replied.

"I know, but I can't remember. I'd like to be maked again so I can remember."

I probably missed a good opportunity to talk about being "born again," but I'm not too worried. He's been looking at his children's Bibles on his own during rest time.

And we all have opportunities to be "maked again." And in doing so, we can revel in God's delight of us in becoming who He created us to be.

1 comment:

Jane D. said...

Wow! That is incredible and amazing! Love those little boys and their hearts and minds!