1/20/2008

Annual Meeting

We just got home from our congregation's annual meeting. Now, I know that no one looks forward to church business meetings. I wasn't entirely. Just because it's been a year of struggles with getting ministries going--which I know not everyone is happy about (which is understandable--after all, they do pay me to do things; but there have also been a lot of positive things about ministry this past year--I know I can't just get bogged down in failures). So I admit I was a little apprehensive about giving my report . . . well, more so the questions afterwards. Of which there were none. So worries were unfounded, of course. The meeting was actually fairly good. Now, the budget's hurting, we didn't fill all the positions on the ballot and we don't have a very big membership base (so, you're wondering how it could be positive, at all, right?). But it was good because we were forced to be reminded of our mandate to grow. We're called to grow in our relationship with God, in our likeness of Him, and in numbers as we share God's love with others as an result of growing in our relationship with God, as we reach out to those around us who need love, care, basic needs. And if church business isn't about doing God's business--well, then Satan's doing far better than we give him credit for.

No comments: