1/27/2008

Off to Chicago

I leave in the morning for Chicago to attend the Midwinter Conference that our denomination puts on for its pastors every year. This is the first time since seminary that I'm going for the entire actual Midwinter events (otherwise it had been mainly the camping association gatherings). It's also the first time I'm flying there. It's a great time of fellowship and worship (as well as good workshops and networking). I'm looking forward to it--I always come away refreshed. I'm looking forward to the people I'll see (even though I don't know entirely who all that will be).

It's weird being so close to family (well, within 7 hours of seeing everyone pretty much) but not being able to see them. And I'm not looking forward to time away from my family. But it's only for three nights.

1 comment:

Jane D. said...

May God bless your time at Midwinter HUGELY!