3/28/2008

More Snow & Mimics

It snowed all this morning; the rooftops and patches of the ground were white. At one point I looked outside toward some trees and the snow was falling in big, soft quiet flakes. I said to Beth that if you ignored the cars in the foreground, it really looked like some of the snowfalls we experienced at Covenant Pines and Bluewater Covenant Bible Camps in the Minnesota Northwoods while on vacation a few winters ago. But by noon it was all melted. I guess it's good for the skiers and snowboarders.

Meanwhile, Nils is going around acting as big as he can (which means doing what his big brother says). One of the things he was proud of this morning was walking backwards (Anders has been doing it a bit lately, so Nils has picked up the trick). He does it with such a big smile on his face. He's become pretty good at helping pick up toys and even putting his milk away in the fridge after meals. He likes to help unload the dishwasher when I'm doing it and even had to join in helping Anders and I make some gelatin this week. He also likes to go up and down the stairs standing up. But to do it, he really needs someone's hand to hold on to--so he'll usually grab mine if I'm near. It's very cute--as I'm sure you can imagine.

No comments: