Four Questions to See if Your Life is in Balance
It's a good idea to pause every now and again to take your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual pulse. Recovery and long term health are built on the foundation of a life that is balanced and sane.
The feature article from this newsletter is brief, but intended to help you reflect. Take a look at the questions below (adapted from an article from the Hazelden Foundation), and see how you are doing. Maybe it's time to make some changes?
Take a minute to reflect upon your previous week, and ask yourself:
1. Am I honoring my body?
- Have I listened to its aches and tensions?
- Did I take time to rest?
- Did I get exercise?
- Have I been eating balanced meals?
2. Am I honoring my mind?
- Have I taken time to read a good book or attend an interesting class?
- Was I able to exchange ideas with a friend?
3. Am I honoring my emotions?
- Was I able to express my feelings in my journal or to others?
- Have I spent quality time with someone this week?
- Did I take time to play and laugh?
4. Am I honoring my soul?
- Have I spent time in prayer, meditation, or solitary thought?
- Have I gathered with others for worship and spiritual encouragement?
- Have I read something inspirational or listened to beautiful music?