12/10/2003

A Beginning

The Israelites wandered in the wilderness for 40 years. Sometimes I feel they were lucky. Sure, almost every single one of them died before they got to the promised land, but the wilderness isn't always a terrible place to be. There are many times when I long to be out there in God's creation. I bike back and forth to work, but sometimes I just long for more.

Last night I watched the snow swirl around as the wind howled about. A few days back there was a windless snowfall. It was absolutely peaceful to step outside and watch the snow fall without a sound around. You could see where each snowflake landed. There are times, though, when the blizzard whips the snow about and you can't keep track of a single flake. They're gone before you can identify them.

I think that's enough of a start for me. Work beckons.

No comments: