8/01/2007

VBS Aftermath

Anders survived the week of Daily Vacation Bible School at church last week (they call it DVBS here, I grew up with VBS). He did fairly well, considering that he was the youngest. It did throw him off a bit--3 hours of "school" is a long time for a 3 year old. I survived as well--I think. The theme was Camp EIYAM (I don't remember what it stands for, but we focused on some of the "I am" sayings of Jesus). On Sunday I did a DVBS program for the worship service. I had a kid or group of them say the daily memory verse. Them I read the Bible story that went with the theme, did a short sermonette on that for the congregation and we sang a song that went along. Day 1 was "I am the Good Shepherd." We sang a kids song, "I Just Wanna Be a Sheep". Day 2 was "I am the Bread of Life." We sang "Hungry." Day 3: "I am the Resurrection" with "Wonderful Cross." Day 4: "I am the Light of the World" with "Open the Eyes of My Heart" (which is one that Anders loves to sing right now). Day 5: "I am the Way" with "Lord I Lift Your Name on High."

I won't share all the lessons that I shared with the congregation (leave a comment if you want more), but it was a cool week (and Sunday morning) to look at who Jesus is. I'm not positive what Anders actually learned from the week, but he's still singing praises. And that's good enough for me.

1 comment:

Jane D. said...

I want to come to VBS with you all! =) Sounds good and I'm sure Anders had many seeds planted and the singing the praises is the best!!! See you in not too long! Yay!!!!