8/29/2007

With My Little Eye


Since our car ride from Des Moines to Albert City (Iowa) during which Anders' cousin Ethan (the one he likes to blame everything he does on--but is also best friends with)rode with us to my parents' house, Anders has gotten into playing "I Spy" with us. You know the game where you pick a visible object and say, "I spy with my little eye something red." And you guess, "Is it the fire hydrant?" In my opinion, he does pretty well for a 3-year old. His is usually something quite obvious (we played a lot of "something green", "is it corn?", in Iowa). But you still have to pay attention to your surroundings.

Sometimes I feel dumb for how unobservant I am to my surroundings. I miss the people around me who need Jesus. I get too tunnel-visioned. Sometimes I can even miss the beauty in God's creation that He surrounded me with. Sometimes I just miss the blessings in life when I get too busy focusing on the things going wrong or on my greedy desires. Keep your eyes open. And share with others the things that you see.

No comments: