12/10/2007

Fat Santa

Yahoo.ca (I can only assume it was on Yahoo.com as well--if I was more tech-savvy, I'd put a link to it somewhere) posted a video from ABC News about the problem of Santa Claus's obesity. Apparently even then US Surgeon General is concerned that Santa's weight issue will transfer down to the many children who view him as a role model. Wait. When did Santa become a role model for anyone? I don't remember anyone when I was a kid saying that they wanted to become Santa Claus when they got bigger. But they have pretty much done away with his nicotine addition (remember the pipe he used to smoke?). Once they tackle his obesity, then they'll be able to focus on the next big problem: trespassing.

We'll be safe, of course, in highlighting the faith and life of SainPublish Postt Nicholas instead. He fasted at least twice a week.

1 comment:

Jane D. said...

I saw a TV story on that the other day too...crazy! May we keep our eyes fixed on Jesus this Christmas season and be used to help others in that same focus. You've definitely helped me!