4/24/2008

Bringing Back the Spaghetti Sandwich (or the Spaghandwhich, as I like to call it)

Believe it or not, I do have some fond memories of the school cafeteria growing up. Our lunch ladies made homemade cinnamon rolls and buns that were used in beef burgers and pizza burgers. Their pizza was good, too. One thing they guys in my class always did, for some reason, was to put our spaghetti between the complimentary buttered white bread that was available almost every day.

Last night, we had some left over spaghetti. And I made some mozzarella grilled cheese, too. And, well, one thing led to another and the spaghetti sandwich made a long-awaited reappearance. We dubbed it the Spaghandwhich that night (we toyed with Sandghetti, but the boys got a bigger kick out of Spaghandwhich--plus, it piggybacks on the popularity of the Spamwhich). Don't knock it till you've tried it. I think it could make a good running at a restaurant. Really.

1 comment:

Jane D. said...

You're making me hungry for my traditional cheesy garlic bread with some spaghetti on top...that's how I always eat it...so yours sounds similar. But alas, I don't think I have any spaghetti sauce.