3/20/2007

A New Journey

Well, we're now in Canada. I haven't updated this for a while, so this part will totally seem disconnected from the previous stuff. Needless to say, we've had an adventure the past several months. (For more on the story of how we got where we are, see my article in the March issue of The Covenant Companion).

The long and short of it is: I'm a pastor now. I was installed at church this past Sunday. There's a lot of new things in our life going on: raising 2 kids now, living in a new country, being a pastor.

Here are some pictures of the installation service:

I was given objects that represented different roles in the church (eg.: keys for making the church open to all, oil for healing and reconciliation, a Bible for preaching & teaching God's word). Different members of the church council brought them up. It was very nice. Then they gathered around, laid hands on me and prayed.

No comments: