10/04/2007

Curlers

Last night I had my fist venture into the world of curling. It's been a long dream of mine to try it. I've watched it on TV. I've read up on the rules (so I could understand what was going on when I was watching it on TV). I've even seen the one curling movie that's out there. And curling runs in my genes (a bad pun on an inside joke about my father's first--and only--attempt at curling).
A retired pastor from our church had reserved an open rink and was teaching a few of us how to play the sport. It's much harder than it looks. It requires a good amount of finesse along with control and strength. Needless to say, my first attempt was far from spectacular. But it was fun. I think I'm going to be available to fill in on a league team as needed. Stay tuned . . .

2 comments:

Jane D. said...

Way to go oh curling star!

Jane D. said...

Oh, when you're good enough to be in the Olympics be sure you don't do steroids. =)