1/01/2009

A Prayer for the New Year

Father, go before me in the year to come.
Jesus, remind me of where you've brought me from.
Spirit, keep me rooted in the here and now.
Keep me in want, that I may be depend upon Your provision.
Give me all I need and keep me from desiring what I don't.
Give me more than I need, so that I may give to others.

Father, may I be able to continually praise Your name, remembering all You have done and given me, O God. May I be truly thankful. May I lift before You those I love.
May I be led by Your will rather than by my fantasies. May I follow Your ways and be guided by Your precepts.
May I grow more and more in love with You. And may I know more and more Your love for me.

Jesus, may I become increasingly aware of your grace, mercy and forgiveness. May I be able to share that with others.
Connect me with Your bride, the church, in greater ways. Help me live more in community and less in isolation.
May I grow more and more in love with You. And may I know more and more Your love for me.

Spirit, may I know your continual presence with me; draw me increasingly into God's presence.
Help me to hear Your voice in my daily life: in the decisions I make, the people I talk to, the things I do.
May I grow more and more in love with You. And may I know more and more Your love for me.

I lift up this prayer to You, O God: Father, Son and Spirit Divine.
Amen.

No comments: