5/26/2009

Rebel Scum

As I was reading Psalm 32 today, I was struck at how David calls sin rebellion.
"Finally, I confessed all my sins to You and stopped trying to hide them. I sad to myself, 'I will confess my rebellion to the LORD.' And You forgave me! All my guilt is gone" (Psalm 32:5, NLT).

Here is King David, a man who never rebelled himself while he waited for his turn to be king, but he was also very familiar with rebellion as even his own son rose up against him. He is familiar with how rebellion pains a king and harms a kingdom. My sins hurt God and harm His Kingdom.

But God is a great and wondrous King. His "unfailing love surrounds those who trust [Him]" (32:10, NLT). He forgives and offers grace to those who obey Him. He cleanses hearts.

I may sometimes fail at obeying and following whole-heartedly, but that's my goal. I'm pledging my allegiance to the King, and rebellion against the prince of evil who tries to get me to join his mutiny against God. Against him alone will I rebel.

No comments: