8/16/2009

Is He All That?

Today as we were singing a song at church that goes, "Your name is Holy, Holy You are and Holy You'll be . . . " (replacing Holy with different names like Good, Righteous, Faithful, All That, etc.), I was reflecting on those names. I sometimes have days (or weeks) where I don't feel God is faithful. I don't feel He is good. But that doesn't really change things. Just because I'm not feeling His love or goodness or whatever, doesn't mean it's not there. God's character doesn't change, just because I'm not experiencing it. His goodness or righteousness or faithfulness aren't based upon my emotions or even my current experiences (as I'm not standing outside of time seeing the whole picture). God is Who He is. Sometimes I need to be reminded of that my my faith community. Sometimes I need to remind myself of that through reflecting on what God has done in my life as a whole. God is good. All the time. And all the time, God is good. Even if I'm not feeling that at the moment.

No comments: