7/14/2009

Thirsty

My reading for today included Psalm 63. Here's the first verse which has resonated with me today:
O God, you are my God;
I earnestly search for you.
My soul thirsts for you;
my whole body longs for you
in this parched and weary land
where there is no water.
--Psalm 63:1
My desire lately has been to experience God's presence throughout my day, like Brother Lawrence. I don't get there very often. Daily routines distract me, rather than bring me closer. Maybe I'm not thirsty enough. Maybe my soul is being falsely satisfied (like desserts give us a false sense of fullness)--I don't feel that's the case, but it's possible, I guess. Yet, I feel if I'm thirsty enough, all my everyday moments can be moments of walking with God. I guess I can't lose that desire.

Hungry I come to You
for I know You satisfy
I am empty
but I know Your love does not run dry
so I wait for You
so I wait for You

I'm falling on my knees
offering all of me
Jesus, You're all this heart is living for

©1999 Vineyard Songs (UK/Eire)
Words and Music by Kathryn Scott

No comments: