5/29/2008

Another Year Older

This morning we visited some friends in the hospital (she's been there since mid-April, on bed-rest until the baby comes). We took them some food--something a little more home-cooked than hospital food. We took it on our dishes to make us get back there soon.

I spent the afternoon helping a guy from group move to a new apartment. When I was done I went home for supper with the family. Beth had made Oreo cheesecake for my birthday. The guy who I helped move stopped by tonight for some cheesecake, too. It's good to be starting to make some friends around here.


So, I could do the reflection on how I'm at the same age as Jesus when He was crucified, but that doesn't seem very helpful to do. A lot has changed since last year. I'm realizing things I wished I had done--which is a good motivation to be making the most of my time. And building deeper relationships--especially with other guys--is something I need more of in my life. It becomes so easy to waste life. So, I'm making a stand to make it count.

1 comment:

Jane D. said...

Yay for friends and deep relationships and how God is working! (and oreo cheesecake too =)