5/15/2008

Bedtime

Beth pulled out some of the summer clothes today. They both put on shorts and Anders tried on his sandals--but found out that they weren't great with the pea gravel at the playground.

Anders got to wear his short pajamas to bed. Nils did get on some pajamas (the picture is just Nils in his element--swinging under the bed with few clothes on). Bedtime was a little longer because we were waiting for the arrival of MorMor. We've had quite a few visitors to the house in the last couple weeks.

After MorMor arrived and the boys got some hugs and Anders talked with her for a while, we put them down for the night. Nils usually gets "Jesus Loves Me" sung to him. After we left, Anders called out for a song for him. He wanted Beth to sing, but he decided it would be okay for me to sing to him. I sung "Trygarre Kan Ingen Vara" (the original Swedish of "Children of the Heavenly Father"). He sung along with me tonight (as well as he could figure out some of the Swedish words). It was precious, to say the least.

There's also those moments when he prays . . . not just his usual mealtime prayer, but times when he randomly sits down and just starts praying about something.
That's "faith like a child" for you. Sometimes I'm a bit jealous of it. I guess it's something for me to grow into.

1 comment:

Jane D. said...

I love it when you share those precious moments...and photos! Say hi to Beth's mom and know that I am praying for you!