12/20/2008

Be Strengthened

"The eyes of the LORD search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him" (II Chronicles 16:9 NLT). I'm taking a break in my reading for today to reflect on this verse that jumped out at me. Sometimes I know I pray, "Lord, give me strength." But I pray it flippantly, expecting God to just give because I ask. But the Bible says that we have to do our part as well. Isaiah 40:31 that strength will be renewed for those who hope in the Lord (or wait upon the Lord). The Chronicler says that we must have hearts that are fully committed to God. Then, God searches us out to strenghten us. That's encouraging--if I am truly committed to God. A good reminder, though: do your part and God does His. And His part enables us to keep doing our part. How can we go wrong?

No comments: